2015/01/28

It's about Singapore again...

Because of our impulsiveness, my friend and I went to Singapore  from 16 to 18 January 2015.
This is also my first trip in 2015.
Everything came so fast that I'm back in Malaysia now. Sitting in front of my dad's office's desk, writing this post...


Overall, I think that our trip was very enjoyable and we wished to visit Singapore again soon~~~
*but the currency does matter*
Our friend, Theresa, we seldom meet each other unless we got the time well matched!
We had so much fun with our friends that it reminds us of our uni times...
We had so many breakfastssss, lunchessss, and dinnerssssss together!!!

However, we didn't really spend a lot because there were nothing much that actually attracted us...
as we planned to not shop...much there...

On the first day of our arrival, we walked around in the city while waiting for our friends, Chee Khong and Theresa to finished working and join us for dinner. Coincidently, my sister's friend, Yun Chia got sick and was able to bring us to her house to leave our luggage in her house.

This was the first time for my friend to be here while I was here a few years back...Both of us didn't really have any knowledge on the MRT in Singapore and neither did we have any sense of direction. But our friend, Chee Khong told us we can "play by ear" in Singapore, Therefore, we just roughly looked at the MRT map and went to Orchard and Bugis for dinner.


We were lucky to find Tiong Bahru Bakery in Tangs because we only knew that it was in Tangs. We tried their famous croissant and almond croissant. They were really delicious!!! I like their hot chocolate because it was made at the right temperature and it wasn't too hot that I can't drink it immediately when its served. When we tried to find the McD near Bugis, we found it accidentally while looking for toilets too... What a lucky day~~~


Then, we went to Universal Studio in Singapore the next day... We basically spent the whole day there but we didn't wait for the fireworks show since we are supposed to meet our friends for dinner in town. But, I really would like to thank the staff in USS for offering another front row standing space for me when we tried to see the parade in USS. 

Then, we tried to queue for Llao Llao yogurt around 10.40 pm, but the staff there refused us to queue because it was too pack that day and they close at 11.00 pm. It was a Saturday night... So, too bad~~~My friend did ask the staff twice saying that we are from Malaysia and we really want to try this. But she refused politely. Then, my friends told me to ask those people in the queue to help me buy them if I really want to try them... While I was hesitating who to ask and how to ask, my friend said she'll ask for me! I was very thankful because my friend helped me and she even went further front of the queue and helped me asked for a favour from the couple who were queuing. Although the girl looked cool, but they agreed right away!!! So, I think Singaporeans are kind...


I also had many other delicious food in Singapore, one of them is Laduree~~~
According to my friend, their macarons are very delicious but not very sweet...
and, they are no cheap...
SGD3.95 for one small macaron,


even though they are not the cheapest thing to buy,
but I think they are worth trying...
Too bad, they don't sell them separately as in one macaron,
the minimum is 6 or 8 pcs...
After much considerations and thoughts...
I've decided to buy them anyway!!!
I have to say that in 2014, I learned a lot through a friend,
although she is not around any more,
but the incident struck me hard...
Maybe we should just enjoy the moment we have rather than living in the past nor the future,
it's important for everyone of us to learn to appreciate the "now" moment,
It's never easy,
but I'm still learning...






4 comments:

  1. i miss it.....
    good to see a happy posting from u. no worry la, u will get a nice job soon. on its way already. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mia, don't want "lol" can?? I sreally need a job leh~~~

      Delete
  2. just remember, nothing is permanent...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "nothing is permanent" leave me in a stress mode...
      It's okay... we need to learn to accept it...acceptance..

      Delete

Happy New Year 2024

 今年對我來說是一個新開始, 因為我真的要結束我“念書”的日子了。 想得到很久的master也在去年得到了。 但是我沒有想像中的激動,開心一定的。 我現在面臨的問題確實身份曖昧, 我必須重新定義我的專業身份。 同時我的生活也有很多的不確定性。 如果要說,感覺上3天3夜都說不完。 ...