2018/05/29

Interesting phenomena

Recently, I observed something very interesting going on in our society. 

While the modern society used to tell the kampung people that their living environment is not hygienic and etc... due to their living habits; 
Nowadays, people are willing to spend a fortune to experience what kampung people used to live like.

Another example is we are paying a lot more for free range chicken and eggs, organic vegetables, homemade food, and many other things claiming to be produce by hand and homemade. While my parents used to get them for "free" because they rear their own chicken in the backyard and get free range chicken and eggs. Or at least a lot more cheaper. 

As I reflect on this phenomena, I have many questions. Yes, I'm aware of the space issue we have but the question that I would like to raise is why so expensive?
I know it's difficult to manage a business and they need to make a profit out of their products.
But my question is again, it's too much when the price is not justified for me.

Some people will tell me that if you can't afford it, just don't buy it. It's not FOR you.
Okay. But still, it doesn't answer my question.
Sometimes, my mom will complain about it too. For example, when it comes to organic vegetables, some of them are grown in water and my mom said how do we differentiate between organic or non-organic water? Ultimately, they are the same. This is what she told me. 

That is why it's really ironic to me that we were once told to stay away from the kampung lifestyle because of the lack of civil but look at us now. We're spending our money to live that lifestyle again.
I mean what is this?

And I have to be honest, I used to tell my mom the same thing and it was them who make me realized that yes, we, modern people are so strange.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 今年對我來說是一個新開始, 因為我真的要結束我“念書”的日子了。 想得到很久的master也在去年得到了。 但是我沒有想像中的激動,開心一定的。 我現在面臨的問題確實身份曖昧, 我必須重新定義我的專業身份。 同時我的生活也有很多的不確定性。 如果要說,感覺上3天3夜都說不完。 ...