2015/07/26

It's about Singapore again... 17 - 21 June 2015

I have the opportunity travelling to Singapore again mid-June because of a conference and I was actually looking towards it.

And I'm back, few days ago. It took me some time to write this because I was sick and things were going on. I don't seemed to have enough rest, but I'm writing this. This was my first conference and I was actually surprised that wines were served at the end of each day. It was fun meeting people from different countries and listening to their experiences in counseling. I enjoyed the chatting sessions!


This post was kinda delayed and delayed because of my health issues. Now that I feel better and healthier, I want to complete this happy post as soon as possible. =) Owh, I have been neglecting this for so long~~~

Well, other than the conference, I actually have the opportunity to stay in Marina Bay Sands Singapore this time round, which is also a prestigious hotel. It was famous for it's infinity pool and also a sky park. When I went to Singapore with Jeng Mun in January, we were standing opposite this hotel admiring the magnificent building and discussed how we wished to stay there the next time we visit Singapore. Well this time round, it was a wish came true and I stayed in there and I actually asked my friend to join me since good things are meant to be shared and happiness are meant to be shared! My cousins will be there too!

The stated check-in time is 3 pm but I reached around 2 pm and they allowed me to check-in. So it was good, but they don't have a room which is on the same level as my cousin. I was reluctant to take the room at first, but anyway, because I'm too tired, I took the room. It was on tower 3, level 33. My cousin's room is on level 39. Hmm, level 33 is not a good level because I have to transfer to another escalator to go to level 57 for the infinity pool and sky park. But compared to those with a lower level, maybe level 33 is not too bad at all. The air conditioning in the room was great because it was too cold that I have to open the balcony door to lower the temperature of the room and it actually has a smart design that when you actually open the balcony door, the air condition will be stopped. 
My room was facing the Garden's by the Bay. It was a good view because it's not noisy during the night. Here are some of the pictures I took using a selfie stick for the FIRST time!



My skill was not that good. But I guess you can still see the garden? ;p


The infinity pool!!!
It was actually quite gloomy that afternoon and it was COLD up there!


My friend, Lai Ying. 
The morning before we check out. =)


The weather was much better and I can feel the heat merely by looking at this picture!


The very first night there!


My cousin and I.


We were resting in my cousin's room while waiting for her brother...


Lai Ying didn't want to get into the pool originally but ended up with me in the pool... lol


The night scenery was really great! We can even see the merlion up there!
But it was really COLD~~~





Then, on Saturday morning, my cousin brought me to a cafe named Common Man Coffee  Roasters.
However, this cafe was not as common as it's named.
The food there was really nice and my cousin said that they provide the best coffee around there.
This place is so famous that queuing is common there and there were people come and go.
It was really busy and I think the owner there doesn't have to worry about having no business/customers.



 My hot chocolate. =)



Our Turkish breakfast. 
The portion was really big and I was feeling so full after finishing everything. 
Someone told me that this is expensive and doesn't worth it but I think the prices are around the same as KL's cafe and if you don't convert, it wasn't really expensive, I think. 

Another highlight of my trip to Singapore is this, 

LLAO LLAO!


I'm sure you have heard me saying this because llao llao is only available in Singapore and the "raffaello" sauce is so nice!!!


My cousins are llao llao's big fan too~~~
I have had llao llao 3 times when I was there this time!


The journey comes to an end on that Sunday where CK was so nice to send me off to the airport...
We had a quick lunch before I came back to Malaysia at Terminal 3, but I don't remembered the name of the fried chicken that we had! Oh my, I have left this post for too long!
But the fried chicken was really nice and I really enjoyed it so much! But it can be very heaty because it's fresh from the oil! They are at the right size and I was able to finish all 3 of them.


Look who I met when I was in Terminal 3!!!
Hahaha, it was a surprise for me. 

This trip was so tiring for me that the moment I boarded the plane, I dozed off! Gosh, can you imagine that? I didn't even finish watching the air stewardess' safety measures and what to do if emergency happens. I tried so hard to remained my eyes open but I failed. My eyes weren't in my control at all! And the strangest thing is, I don't usually sleeps in plane because I don't feel comfortable and I just can't get any sleep when I'm in a plane in the past.
When I actually woke up, it was due to the announcement by the captain asking cabin crew to get ready for landing. What?
Hmm. I guess this trip was maybe just too tiring for me and I walked too much maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2024

 今年對我來說是一個新開始, 因為我真的要結束我“念書”的日子了。 想得到很久的master也在去年得到了。 但是我沒有想像中的激動,開心一定的。 我現在面臨的問題確實身份曖昧, 我必須重新定義我的專業身份。 同時我的生活也有很多的不確定性。 如果要說,感覺上3天3夜都說不完。 ...